Friday, May 25, 2012

Who loves bunnies?

I love bunnies!    Who doesn't love bunnies right?   For this layout I decided on a photo of a weathered lawn decoration (bunny, of course!) that was a special gift from my mother-in-law.  Since the bunny looks very weathered I wanted to give the layout a very vintage vibe.  I know vintage bunny is an interesting combo, but just stay with me!   Here is my vintage inspiration...

  
                                   

                                               And the layout~  I just love how it turned out!


                  Notice how I used the fabulous wood print paper (Elegant from the Botanique collection)  to make an "old" picture frame?   And I hammered the brads to make "nails".   So very easy~  grab a hammer (or a can of soup if you are not a tool girl!) and hammer away just until they are flat!  



         I titled the layout "My Weathered Treasure" because it is a keepsake from my mother-in-law. 

 
             Silhouettes were very popular way back when, so I included my very own silhouette bunny! 

       I hope you enjoyed my layout and it inspires you to one day make a layout about a personal belonging you treasure.  And for all of you that already grabbed a hammer, I applaud you! 



Supplies:  (all papers) Botanique, Elegant (1710) - Botanique, Beauty (1707) - Botanique, Stationary (1715) - Botanique, Botanique Cards (1705) - Storybook, Chalkboard (1737) - Storybook, Animal Crackers (1734)



No comments:

Post a Comment