Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Dog Days of Summer!

Who is enjoying the dog days of summer right now? The new Happy Summer collection from Echo Park is great for documenting all kinds of summer activities from picnics to just enjoying the nice weather! And the images in this collection are just adorable. When I saw the cute little dog sticker, I knew I just had to use it on a layout!

The bird on the branch chipboard piece is so sweet and a perfect little accent piece for the top corner of my page. The Summer Adventures stamp set is a must-have as well. It includes super cute images and phrases like the one I used here. 

Embroidery floss is one of my favorite accents to add to layouts. Here I wrapped matching embroidery floss around the cloud stickers to give them a little dimension. And the adorable kite is from the Summer Adventures stamp set as well! I used the Carta Bella Natural White cardstock as my background paper and my stamped image looks beautiful on it!

This card that I trimmed from the Journaling Card patterned paper has the perfect phrase on it for this layout. I accented it with a couple enamel dots and a chipboard flower. I also wrapped the layered floral sticker with embroidery floss and added an enamel dot to it. I think these accents add a fun touch!
I just couldn’t resist using “The Dog Days of Summer” for my title! I used a combination of alphabet stickers, dog sticker, and word sticker (summer). For the exclamation point, I used the letter “I” for the top and the little heart sticker for the bottom.

Thanks for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you to document one of your favorite summer activities! And be sure to check out the Happy Summer collection!







No comments:

Post a Comment