Thursday, December 8, 2016

Fun die cut ornaments!


Hello1 Today I am sharing a fun die cut ornament I made using the Echo Park Paper I Love Christmas collection! This cute collection is perfect for me because it is so festive and well, I really do love Christmas! I also used one of my favorite Echo Park Paper die sets, the  Scalloped Circle Die Set, to create this fun three-dimensional ornament. I can’t wait to make an entire set of them for my Christmas tree. Here’s how you too can make your own ornaments!



Use the larger scalloped circle die to cut a plain circle out of the plaid Christmas Joy patterned paper. Embellish it with a small piece of the scalloped border sticker and banner piece cut from the woodgrain patterned paper. Adhere the Santa sticker with foam adhesive for added dimension. Add enamel dots and a brown bow made from twine.

Use the larger die again to cut out four scalloped circles from the green side of the Border Stripes patterned paper.


Bend each scalloped circle in half and start gluing the four quadrants together.


Make sure the scallops line up pretty well.
Once the four quadrants are glued together, place a little bit of liquid adhesive on the middle piece of your ornament. I used Zip Dry and then just held the Santa piece in place for a short bit while it dried. Once dry, you can also add a little more Zip Dry on the back to make the bond stronger. Add red twine to the top of the ornament so it can be hung on the tree.


Thanks for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you all to get creative with your dies. And I hope everyone has a happy holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment